Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Baby Cakes & Travel, Oh My!

Just a quick blog today, as we are getting ready for a road trip and I'm working on Birthday Cakes I can travel with!
We're taking off for Oregon in a few days for my Mom's 75th and I'm trying to come up with a recipe I can freeze and then thaw and put together when we get there, so I just made a baby cake and froze the rest!



Today I'll be taking the cake and the filling out of the freeze to see how it froze and will unfreeze. If it works this will be the one. It's a lemon cake with berries in the cake. The filling is a ricotta sour cream with fresh raspberries on one layer and fresh peaches on the next.
I'll keep you posted on how it all works out.
I'm also going to experiment with the tons of zucchini I have!

Have a great day everyone! I'll be back later today, with the results of my experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for me!