Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Skinny Diva Crepe's

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was thinking of working on a Baby Cake's recipe, but Lauren wasn't going to be here.
After purchasing some beautiful strawberries at the NOHO Farmer's Market, I wanted to do something with the berries and was in the mood for something sweet. I wondered what I could make that would use my berries and satisfy my craving, so I came up with this idea.
I thought rather than using flour, butter & egg  for a crepe why not just use a spiced egg mixture for a crepe?                                                                                                                                                                                        
Two eggs, some sugar, cinnamon, vanilla & a bit of milk.  Whip until light & fluffy put in oiled & buttered (optional) crepe or other pan. Cook on medium to low  heat until egg is completely cooked.
Add your favorite fruit. You could also add sour cream or cheese. I put some stilton cheese with apricots I happen to have in the frig. I don't think it added much.

Fold egg crepe over fruit. Plate, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Put a dollop of  creme fraiche on top , drizzle of the best balsamic you can come up with. I had some 25 yr. I'd bought in Italy. Top with a sprig of mint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for me!