Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Another Bexx Secret Garden Event

Curtis's Southern Birthday Event
Menu
Shrimp Gumbo 
Chicken Jambalaya
Rice & Beans
Crackling Bacon Corn Bread
Roasted Pepper & Jalapeno Corn Bread
Corn Bread
Fresh Autumn Garden Salad with dried cranberries and crisp apples
Diva'd Chocolate Mouse Cake (by Ann)
Hot Spiced Apple Cider with Brandy 
Hot Spiced Apple Cider
Hot Spiced Wine


Of course I didn't get any pictures of the food! As usual, I was too busy running around.  I'm hoping Terry did, though I haven't seen any pictures he may have taken, as we have been so busy with holiday, birthdays (including his) and remodeling.

We did get pictures of the beautiful cake my mother made. On Saturday my mom & I decided to goof off a bit rather than cook and go wine tasting with friends. Mom had a recipe she said was really easy and really good so I let he handled the cake for me. It was fabulous, though we used pre-made mixes. It was wonderful and everyone loved it, especially the Birthday boy. He wanted chocolate and he sure got it. Thanks, Mom. Anyone who wants the recipe drop me a email at Bexx@divasdishes.com or just leave me a comment and I'll get it to you as soon as I write it down!

Of course the party was on the rainiest, stormy cold day we've had in quite some time. We also didn't have the roof finished on the new patio. It did stop raining in time for the party, though we had building materials "everywhere" and it was in a bit of disarray, I think all had a good time!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for me!