Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

4th of July. How did I end up with 12 peeps!


Now I think I may know, one reason I am writing a blog. It's to keep track of all that I do!
I realized this on the 4th of July as I was up at 6:30AM or so schlepping 50lb bags of sand off of my new and yet unfinished patio, Terry and I put in for new dinning area and Supper Club. I moved 3 bags of the 50lb and 4 or 5 of the 25 lb, along with with all the tools etc. that were still on the patio. Oh, I forgot, prior to that I stained my table top.
Let's see then I cleaned the 100's of leaves our giant rubber tree drops daily. Then I had to water everyone and treat for infestation of moths and other critters in my garden. Then of course there was the normal watering and cleaning the patio's.
Boy was it hot and muggy! I think we've been transported to the east coast with the weather we have had this year. I thought I was going to pass out and that is not like me at all!!!
I did make it into the shower and even did my hair and put on make up for a change! I usually never have time to play the diva! Since I had others contributing to the meal I had time for once!
I wanted to make a strawberry pie but there was no way that was happening.  I hadn't even made the crust and it was about 2PM! What I could do and wanted to do was have a glass of wine, but I didn't. Anyway I had to figure out what to make with all the beautiful strawberries that I'd bought the day before at the Farmer's Market. I rummaged around and found a red velvet cake mix. I had some cream cheese and ricotta I wanted to use, so I decided to make a filling of cream cheese and ricotta. I put in the middle with a whole strawberry then topped with whip cream and another fresh strawberry! They were OK. I need to work on the filling. Everyone seemed to like them!
Abdul going to town on the cupcake!

Well that was my 4th, and really my first blog!  Can I say, I was exhausted by end of the night! I forgot to mention along with doing my patio we had people here for dinner the prior Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday! 
Oh, the life of The Diva! Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for me!