Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Easy Breezy Quinoa Vegan Salad

I've been trying to come up with more vegan dishes. I also wanted to use my summer garden veg. So I threw this together.
It's funny, I was also going to take some to my friend Sandi, that is a vegan but my husband found it and ate most of it. Sorry Sandi, I'm making more today.
Cook quinoa according to pkg. directions. (2prt water to 1 prt. quinoa for 12min. then let sit)  I  cooked 1 cup of quinoa. I also used 1 15oz can of black beans & 1 can of 15oz garbanzo (or chickpea's) drained and rinsed.
 I put the  beans into a bowl with cooled quinoa and mixed together.






I chopped up some fresh tomatoes, bell peppers and green onion. Poured some good quality Olive oil  & balsamic over  mixture. Salt & peppered to taste. Chopped up some fresh basil and mixed in.


Put a parsley sprig on top for an added dimension. And there you go my lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for me!