Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day Three

Just a quick post before bed.
Just finished dinner with my family.
We had a fun night last night with my Dad, Betty (my step mom) and Ron, or Jones as my dad calls him, (my half brother). We started with going to the Eagles Lodge where my dad talked Terry into drinking two very strong jack and cokes, which he is still hung over from tonight.
 My dad made this amazing, Sturgeon fish n chips last night. We have filmed it and will be posting pictures, video and more about the Sturgeon. It is a very interesting fish that is not readily available. You have to catch it if you want to eat it.
Today my dad smoked ribs and chicken, again, amazing. My other brother Bob and his wife Shelly and their great kids joined us.
Tomorrow it is off to the Columbia River where my father and Ron caught the Sturgeon and to Mosier a cute little town along the Columbia River for my mom's 75th birthday.
I have so much more to share along with video and pictures of the days.
I also finally snagged some of my great Grandmother's recipes. I got The Sweet Pickle recipe and her famous Roquefort dressing recipe, that she use to make for my Dad's restaurants!
Goodnight All 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for me!