Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Another Try

For those of you that have known me for longer than 5 or 6 years, know I was pretty slender before. It seems after I turned 46 and was not singing as much the pounds just started to creeeeep up on me. I've been trying for several years to get the extra 25 or so pounds off, to no avail. I'll lose at the most maybe 7-8 lbs and that's it! That is by working out, counting calories and yes, reducing my consumption of wine down to next to nothing. Last year I was doing pretty well. I'd told Terry I wasn't going to travel or go anywhere until I got this damn weight off! Then we had the opportunity of a life time. A client wanted to fly us over the South Africa all expenses paid, first class all the way, as it turned out. Who could pass that up? So off we went to the land of safari's, some amazing food, high tea,  fabulous wines, beautiful animals & a whilrwind adventure to remember for the rest of our lives.
By the time we'd returned home, a month and half later. I not only gained back the weight I'd lost, I'm sure I gained some extra. My body was also a bit of a mess from sleeping on different beds, flying in planes, trains etc. So I couldn't really work out, due to joint pain in my back hips elbows etc. I've been battling with this since our return last July. Though I shouldn't drink wine, if I want to lose weight. Most of the time by the end of the day, after  working in yard etc., that's all I want and all that will help ease the pain most of the time. We won't even get into the cooking and creating recipes.
In comes one of latest popular diets right now. Belly Fat Cure


While shopping at Costco last week, I decided to pick it up and check it out some more. Hey, it's Costco, I can return it if I don't like it.
I do like it though. First and foremost I can have a few glasses of wine a night on this diet. I get to eat the things I love, fat! I'm not much of a sweets person, except for fruit and I can replace a piece of fruit for wine. Hmm, I wonder which one I'll choose? Terry can also have his chocolate at night.
I can eat foods that satisfy me like.....


Bacon, cheese and eggs.
I also can have my coffee with half n half.
You are suppose to follow to the tee for 14 days, but I will be cheating on Friday, as it is my Birthday and Terry is taking me to the restaurant I've wanted to go to for years Jose Andre's Bazaar Restaurant. Other than that my main challenge will be the "WINE".
He gives you an easy to follow daily menu
Day #1 Menu & Breakfast  I feel very satisfied.


What I also like is, they give you a list of substitutes and list of what I can eat and can't, so I can create my own recipes. That I really like.
So here's to day one!
I haven't measured my waist yet, but I will and I'll post what I eat each day along with inches lost or not lost and pounds lost or not lost. Along with my workout regime etc.
Losing weight would be the best present I could give myself for my birthday, well, after going to the Bazaar.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment for me!